Thursday 19 September 2019

American Psycho and White



Do you ever wonder why your computer screen goes suddenly blank?

I used to wonder why and how this Poet-in-Residence blog was dismantled piecemeal.

The scaffolding was removed or didn't work and then the bricks fell.

It happened swiftly and without warning.

It all started  when I got on to certain controversial subjects.

I salvaged what I could.


Today I bought a copy of the new Bret Easton Ellis creation White.

The last Ellis book I read, in fact the only book I've read by this author, American Psycho was reviewed here in 2013.

Please enter American Psycho in the blog search box.  This will bring you to the relevant page.  I think the review is worth reading if only as an introduction to the genius of Bret Easton Ellis.



I haven't read any of Bret Easton Ellis' six other books and I've never been a disciple of any author.

But today having seen the first pages of White I can say Ellis is on to something important.


The author had internet problems I can identify with.  



Here's my copy of White:














No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.