Saturday 16 February 2008

Liverpool City of Culture 2008 project

Poet-in-Residence recently featured an item on 'Arthur Clough, the Liverpool Poet' (scroll January sidebar for details) and more recently an item titled 'City of Culture 2008, poetry contest'.
P-i-R's attachment to Merseyside goes back a long way - to his misspent youth in fact. A long time ago indeed - but P-i-R fondly remembers the Old Transporter Bridge (between Runcorn and Widnes) and such things as if it were yesterday. Tales may be told. Time will tell. Watch this space for details, as they often say at Jodrell Bank...or ought to.

3 comments:

  1. thanks for the memory. I spent 5 years on loan to the manchester office 1995-2000 my first job entailed staying in runcorn and walking over the bridge to a job in widnes and back at night lovely area lovely people
    john

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the memory. I spent 5 years on loan to the manchester office 1995-2000 my first job entailed staying in runcorn and walking over the bridge to a job in widnes and back at night lovely area lovely people
    john

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John,
    Glad to hear that you enjoyed your 5 years on Merseyside! The Bridge as Gerald England enjoys reminding me is known simply as the Bridge. They've never got round to giving it a name. I went to the opening, got half a day off school. We saw somebody drive over ... some royal or other. I remember waving a small flag which somebody gave me and told me to wave...

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.