Monday 16 November 2009

running along

Quite often on a winter's evening the only companion of the trail runner is the Moon. The runner's shoes striking the path and his own breath may be the only sounds. Not even the owl is abroad. A good runner can catch the Moon.



running along
and the moon runs with me

the cold clear night
and the moon runs with me

over the hill
and down through the trees

over the hill
no cloud in sight

along the path
and the leaves in rime

along the path
and the moon is mine

[...to be continued when time permits]
_______
gw 2009
image: courtesy nasa

3 comments:

  1. How do you avoid falling or tripping in the dark - too much looking at that lovely moon could be dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for a bit of vicarious running there! I feel a bit fitter just for reading it :)

    Love running at night - hopefully, soon, I'll be able to do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Weaver and Dominic,
    I have in mind some changes. I hope I can improve it and also make the run longer.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.