Monday 24 February 2014

Phew! What a scorcher


"Pollen alerts begin 2 weeks earlier than normal," it says in the paper. "Mosquitoes have already been sighted," the report continues.

Yesterday I was in the Vienna Prater, a huge green space with a fairground complex and known to cinema buffs for the haunting zither music of Anton Karas and the meeting of Harry Lime and Holly Martins on the ferris wheel in the Orson Wells' film of Graham Greene's hurriedly written novel The Third Man.


The temperature on the thermometer in the shade at the nearby Vienna Cricket and Tennis Club showed 18 C.


To cap it all I saw my first drone. I pointed my camera, hoped for the best, and managed to get 
a reasonable shot of it!


More on the drone at Bard on the Run 

2 comments:

  1. It is going to be a summer like 1976. And no complaining please.

    I looked at the drone on the Bard and replied to your comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weather looking settled. In central Europe anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.