Tuesday 10 March 2015

Mordillo's cartoons in Krems (part 1)


Today after a hurried breakfast I found myself on the train to Krems. I was going to Krems, an attractive town on the Danube,  to see  an exhibition of cartoons at the Karikatur Musem which is situated as it happens opposite the penitentiary gates. 

In the street, on the long wall of the penal institution I discovered several giant sized versions of Guillermo Modrillo's amusing and insightful paintings. 

It goes without saying that I didn't photograph the prison walls or the prison entrance itself, but as the cartoons on the prison wall were in a public place I took the opportunity to take photographs of some of them. 

Later as a way of saying 'thanks' to the folks behind 'the wall' I purchased from the museum shop an off the wall t-shirt which had been printed and packed by the prison inmates. 

Part of the proceeds from the sale of the prison t-shirts goes towards the prisoners pocket-money and part goes to a special fund to help their victims. 

I will proudly display my new t-shirt on my Bard on the Run blog in due course and will take pleasure in wearing it in my next race which will probably be in the summer. 

Here are the first three photos: 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.