Friday 1 May 2015

Der Boxer - Theater in der Josefstadt



Brutal. Hard. Magnificent. That's the short definition of this production. A mistake to miss it. See it if you possibly can. (European Cultural News)

Playwright Felix Mitterer  presents a strong script. Stephanie Mohr's direction is sensitive and intelligent .  In the lead role Gregor Bloeb literally fights for his life.  An unforgettable play. (ORF)

I went to see it last night. What can I say? I can only say I was completely knocked out by all aspects of the performance.

The boxer is a man called Johann 'Rukeli' Trollmann. Never heard of him? I regret to say I hadn't either. But now I have. And I won't forget him in a hurry.



2 comments:

  1. I just clicked on the link and read about Trollmann I would like to see the play. I am now silent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. So I put up a Hubert von Goisern video. He is never quiet!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.