Sunday 10 July 2011

Solitaire Sonnet

I amuse myself with solitaire
in a hot and airless room
a sunny apartment with no amenities
above a street alive with musicians
and puppeteers providing amusement
small children now annoying a cat

Should I exhibit an air of unease
the accumulation of junk in my room
has hindered the act of thinking
it brings an airy disregard
for the rules of the game
that turns dreams into actuality

An adaptable person can live happily anywhere
provided he deeply affects no audience
_____
gw2011

2 comments:

  1. Liked all the air/e images, John; an interesting take.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gordon, many thanks. That was a first draft. I've now mixed up the tenses a bit to bring more airy confusion :) - John is over at zenspeug :)
    Ciao,
    g

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.