Wednesday 18 December 2013

Happy 70th birthday, Keef!


photo credit: Raj Gupta (Wikipedia) 


From stones and poets you may know
Nothing so active is, as that which least seems so.

For he, that conduit running wine of song,
Then to himself does most belong

-

The above text is taken from Contemplation (lines 46-49) a poem by the Preston, Lancs, born poet Francis Thompson who shares today with Keith Richards (18th December 1859 and 18th December 1943 respectively). Failing to become a doctor or a priest Thompson drifted as a homeless opium addict until he was befriended by Wilfrid and Alice Meynell. He died aged 47.

Clicking on Raj Gupta's picture of Keith Richards takes you to Keith Richards' official YouTube site.    


4 comments:

  1. If Keith Richards is 70 then I must be getting old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And Cliff Richard, I even remember The Young Ones is aaargh 73. If you're getting old Rachel I'm ancient.

    I hope we get to see a birthday photo of Keef. See how he's holding up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't know how old I am Gwil!
    Nor I you come to that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, that's true. Some days I feel older than others. In summer I feel happy to be young and in winter I'm an old wreck.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.