|Otto Wagner Church overlooks a clinic (now a museum) at Vienna's Spiegelgrund|
where hundreds of children were examined as part of a Nazi euthanasia programme
|The Reich Post Bus known as the 'Gekrat' belonged to the Public Hospital|
Transport Company which was in truth a department of the 'Office of the
Führer' detailed to transport patients to the gassing establishments
|Hartheim, north-east of Salzburg, is where selected children were |
transported by bus under a pretense, only to be murdered on arrival
|Today the garden below the Otto Wagner Church contains 772 candles|
|Dr. Rudolf Lonauer (R) seen here in the bosom of his family. From 1940 |
to 1945 Lonauer was the director of the extermination facility Hartheim.
In 1945 he committed suicide along with other family members.